Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the March 28 and April 11, 2018 meetings.
- Routine items for May 9, 2018.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept travel report.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representative:
Gail Strohl, Chief Executive Officer
Unrepresented Employees: All CCCERA unrepresented positions
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Odette Batis v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N18-0553
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the CEO to execute contracts with Nossaman LLP; The Law Office of Vivian Shultz; and Laughlin, Falbo, Levy & Moresi LLP for legal services relating to disability retirement and non-disability hearing matters.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- Trustees’ Round Table, California Association of Public Retirement Systems, June 8, 2018, Oakland, CA.
- Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy (CAPPP) Parts I and II Consecutively, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, June 12-15, 2018, Chicago, IL. (Note: Conflict with meeting)
- Alternative Investment Strategies, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, July 30-August 1, 2018, San Francisco, CA.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520