Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the December 12, 2012 meeting.
- Routine items for February 13, 2013.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report
- **The Board will go into closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Stacy McPherson Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(a) to confer with legal counsel regarding existing litigation (two cases):
- Board of Retirement v. County of Contra Costa, et al., Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. RG11608520.
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N12-1870.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt the automatic cost-of-living increases for retirees effective April 1, 2013.
- Consider and take possible action regarding Board recognition of retiree groups.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt employer contribution rates effective July 1, 2013 for General Tier 1 County members with membership dates on or after January 1, 2011.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt employer contribution rates effective January 1, 2013 for PEPRA general members with 2% maximum colas.
- Presentation of disability statistics for 2010 and 2011.
- Update from staff regarding personnel changes at WHV.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board and/or staff:
- Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy (CAPPP) Part I and Part II, IFEBP, June 25-28, 2013, Chicago, IL. (note conflict with Board meeting).
- Spring Conference, Council of Institutional Investors, April 17 – 19, 2013, Washington, D.C.
- Client Conference, Klausner and Kaufman, March 10 – 13, 2013, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (note conflict with Board meeting).
- Pensions and Capital Stewardship Conference, Harvard Law School, May 1 – 3, 2013, Cambridge, MA.
- Client Conference, Siguler Guff, May 1 – 2, 2013, New York, NY.
- Public Pension Fund Conference, Manatt, March 22, 2013, San Francisco, CA.
- Chief Investment Officer Summit, CIOS, April 11 – 12, 2013, New York, NY.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520