The Retirement Board May Discuss and Take Action on the Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Routine items for May 7, 2014.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report
- The Board will go into closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
- The Board will continue in closed session to consider the Hearing Officer/Staff recommendation regarding the disability application for Angela Aquino.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(a) to confer with legal counsel regarding existing litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N12-1870.
- The Board will continue in closed session to confer with legal counsel regarding anticipated litigation pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(b): three potential cases.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 – public employee appointment. Title: Retirement Chief Executive Officer.
- The Board will continue in closed session under Govt. Code Section 54956.9(a) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation in which the Court retained jurisdiction to enforce settlement terms.
Board of Retirement of CCCERA v. County of Contra Costa, Case No. RG-11608520, Alameda County Superior Court.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt resolution regarding the exclusion of physicians’ call-back pay from compensation for retirement purposes.
- Consider and take possible action regarding non-service connected disability retirement allowance of deceased member Ronald Galloway.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt a public statement of Board intent to review past incidents of unusual compensation increases at end of employment.
- Receive report regarding potential compensation enhancement for a retiring member (on call pay).
- Receive report regarding potential compensation enhancement for a retiring member (holiday pay and shift differential).
- Review of Budget vs. Actual for 2013.
- Consider and take possible action on SACRS Board of Directors Elections.
- Consider and take possible action regarding the Board’s previous request to the County to maintain CCCERA staff wages and benefits at status quo.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board and/or staff:
- Economic Summit, Emerald, May 28, 2014, Lancaster, PA.
- Annual Partners Meeting, DLJ, May 29, 2014, New York City, NY.
- Annual Meeting, Paladin, June 4, 2014, Washington, D.C.
- Trustees’ Roundtable, CALAPRS, June 13, 2014, Burlingame, CA
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
CCCERA makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the materials found at this site. It is intended for general information purposes only. In addition, CCCERA cannot and does not represent that the information on this website is current. While CCCERA has made every reasonable effort to offer the most current information possible, inadvertent errors can occur.
CCCERA is governed by California law as well as the Internal Revenue Code and various rules and regulations, all of which are complex and subject to change. In the event of any conflict between these governing authorities and the information on this website, the governing authorities have precedence. Site users are strongly encouraged to consult with a CCCERA representative about specific issues and not rely on the general information contained in this website.
The information provided is not intended to serve as legal advice or as legal opinion. By using this site, the site user agrees to release and hold CCCERA, and its agents and representatives, harmless from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action of any kind or nature whatsoever now and in the future arising out of or in connection with the use of this site or the information provided herein.